Friday 26 July 2013

Nerves of steel


Nerves - 765
Today is after all, the only day you can truly be sure of and it is also the only day you have control over. When Churchill learned of this he made a decision: the Bismarck had to be sunk. His staff officers advised him this could not be done. The logic of the moment showed the British obviously lacked ships, aircraft, and fire power to do the job… But all the negative talk did not discourage Churchill. He was determined and he closed all the escape hatches. He was 100 percent committed to sinking the Bismarck. And it was sunk.

To move and win now leads to a good sense of urgency. This will help you tremendously in developing a true sense of urgency concerning your goals and to becoming more effective every day. Do qualitative work every day, make everyday a success and inevitably your whole week, month, year and life will be a success. One day at a time is still the golden rule to live by.

John is the kind of guy you love....
He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, ‘If I were any better, I would be twins!’ He was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation. Seeing this style really made evryone curious, so one day friends went up and asked him, ‘We do not get it! You cannot be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?’ He replied, ‘Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can choose to be in a bad mood. I choose to be in a good mood.’ Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

Several years later, he was involved in a serious accident, falling some sixty feet from a communications tower. After eighteen hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, he was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back. About six months after the accident, when someone asked him how he was, he replied, ‘If I were any better, I’d be twins. Want to see my scars?’ when friends asked him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place. ‘The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter,’ he replied. ‘Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live.’ He continued, ‘the paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he is a dead man'. I knew I needed to take action.’ And eventually he survived. [www.cfs. purdue. edu] In your path for winning you are the head honcho who takes care of the entire proceedings of your execution. Every day we have the choice to live fully. If you desire to live the life of your dreams, you must acquire a sense of urgency to accomplish tasks, a sense of urgency to live your dreams and a sense of urgency to get things done. One has to be on the attacking side of the equation rather than on the waiting side of things. Time and life are anonymous. Both are gifts that need to be utilized optimally. When you waste one, you automatically waste the other. So value your time greatly. It is the most important indicator of how you are utilizing your life to become a ‘Hollow to Halo’ and accomplish your dreams. 


Sense of urgency is the impetus to winning while false sense of urgency is the pebble in the shoe. – Dr. V. V. Rao

No comments:

Post a Comment