Friday 15 March 2013

Listen to your heart and keep the faith

Listen to your heart


Society and financial conditions direct us to be logical and "use our brains". When you live and work only using our brain and not paying heed to our inner voice, we miss out on the vital purpose of life. The inner voice is a second "brain" and the epic center. Listening to our brain and heart is crucial to good decision-making about life, business and relationships as a whole. Our inner voice simply knows something without knowing exactly, how we know it, which is a "gut level feeling". That inner voice is directing you. The following is a true story about listening to your heart as a part of “Walk the talk”:
“Everyone needs to feel protected…”
Dear Wellendorff family,
Many years ago, while I was vacationing on the west coast of Denmark, I found an amulet with a hand-painted angel on it. A name and year had been engraved on the back. Since no one claimed the amulet, it became mine, and a talisman that I wore every day. Several years later I met an Englishman in Munich. He scrutinized my pendant and told me that his late wife used to have an angel just like mine. When we parted he gave me his business card, and my heart almost stood still.. Not only did he live in Denmark, his name was same as the one engraved on the back of the amulet. Yes, it was the same angel that he had given to his wife on their wedding day. Without hesitation I returned the angel to its proper owner. The situation was upsetting for both of us, I no longer had the guardian angel I had become so fond of and he was reliving sad memories. A few weeks later he announced he was coming to Munich over Christmas. He brought me the amulet back and proposed to me! Despite the objections of my parents and my son, who was then 20, I married the man who was still almost a stranger, in a very quite ceremony in Denmark. In our case the amulet was a cupid that has kept us together for 29 happy years.
Sincerely yours, Heidi Thomas Wellendorff the finest jewelry since 1893 
[Reference:Boeing 747-8 Lufthansa, special Magazine, 2012]
When we come across hurdles, challenges and the dream looks difficult, do not behave like rats abandoning a sinking ship. You will have to listen to your inner heart to sail forward to reach to your destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment